Wednesday 7 October 2015

switches - Basic transistor switch


I'm just an amatuer working with some electronics at home. I am trying to use an NPN transistor as a switch. 9v on the Emitter, 6v as the control on the Base to activate the switch, and I'm going to get 9+v on the Collector.


However, the voltages end up subtracting. When measured I only get 3v.


Am I setting this up wrong? I'm hoping to boost the voltage in this switch.


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...