Tuesday 13 October 2015

Corner of Peltier module is very hot


I've bought a generic TEC1-12706 Peltier module and I'm having trouble making it work.


I wired it to a 12 volts DC, 8-amp power supply, and connected the hot side to a fan & heatsink with thermal grease. Turning it on, I noticed that condensation forms on about 70% of the cold side, but the rest is dry. Most of the cold side feels really cold, but one spot in the dry corner is too hot to touch! An infrared thermometer says the coldest corner (near the negative input wire) is about 2.5°C (36°F), and the hot corner diagonally opposite it (but still on the cold side) averages 46°C (115°F).


Having zero familiarity with these devices, I don't know if such a thing is normal, if I'm doing something wrong, or if the module is faulty. Is there anything I can try before I buy another module and wait weeks for it to come from China?



Picture (sorry for potato quality):





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...