Thursday 29 October 2015

How correct is my understanding of basic electricity?


I have a very basic way of understanding things. Sometimes I over-complicate and sometimes i make it way too simple so I am hoping someone can help me judge my understanding of basic electricity. I am in school to be an Aircraft Mechanic and am working part time at an aircraft repair station where I do some Avionics installations.


In school I have learned that



  • Ohms = resistance (opposition of current to flow is how I understand this )

  • Watts = Electrical Power ( What is powering the system )


  • Voltage = Electrical Pressure ( In my head this is what controls the rate that current flows through the system attempting to return to ground )

  • Amperes = Current (This is the flow of electricity through the system but I am a little fuzzy on this compared to voltage because to me they seem like the same thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...