Monday 5 October 2015

rf - Antenna VS Coil


So I sorta understand that antennas are just wires connected to a signal out with no reference to ground. (That's for a different question)


How does a coil/inductor with one side attached to v+, one to v- (aka gnd) differ from an antenna attached just to v+? Wouldn't a coil work better since more current flows through the wire? How does any current flow through an antenna?


I know that a magnetic field can be formed in a solenoid, can a magnet be formed with an antenna?


Thanks for answering!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...