Wednesday 21 October 2015

Do I need a Pull type solenoid or Push type?


I have building a device that will use a solenoid. The solenoid will be used such that it will be mounted in the floor and when a stick is put over it, it will start vibration. That vibration needs to be felt by the person holding the stick. I learned of late that solenoids are are of two type i.e. Pull an Push.


Can someone please tell what's difference between two & which I need for my above described project. I personally think I will require a Push type solenoid. As I need the vibrations to be felt so by the observer so that say she can count those.



Answer



Neither. A solenoid isn't a vibrator. If you insist on using one anyway, either will serve, but you need to handle the mechanics differently for each one, with a spring to handle the return.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...