Thursday 29 October 2015

led driver - Power Supply for LED Array




The circuit I have attached is basically LED arrays with some transistor and N channel Field-Effect Transistor. It requires 17v, 400mA to work. I will only glow either white led or RGB. They won't glow at same time, due to less current. . The N channel Field-Effect Transistor (XORB48) has



  • IDS: 5.8A

  • VGS: ±12V

  • VDS: 30V

  • CISS: 623

  • VGS(th) = 1.05V


It has low gate charger and operation gate voltages as low as 2.5V.



Each white led is of 0.2W (2835) and RGB is of 1W (5050) each.


I will control and dim the LEDs using Arduino PWM, for that individual GPIOs are connected, mentioned in circuit.


I want to know what kind of supply is needed for this? Constant current? Constant voltage? Does it require High power factor? How about ST's Viper22a or power integration's LNK IC?


Schematic :-


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...