Friday 9 October 2015

audio - Fixing a headset, TRRS




First of all I'm not sure if this is the correct site for this question but:


I am trying to fix a head phone jack for my headset with a TRRS headphone replacement. This is the connections of the headphone jack:


     ┌-------┐
| ┌-----+-┐
| | ┌---+-+-┐
| | | ┌-+-+-+-┐
| | | | | | | |
tip (=|=|=|=☐=|=|=|= to headset
1 2 3 4 3 2 1 4

T R R S

And the colors I have on the headset are white, green, red, and blue. The white wire is the thickest of the four wires, while the green, red, and blue wires are thin with a fabric-like insulation covering each wire.


I was hoping to take apart the original headphone jack and finding out where each color wire goes, but i lost it. So, my question is, which wires go where?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...