Friday 19 July 2019

switches - MOSFETs or BJTs for using as switch for audio signals


I was wondering which component is better for using as voltage controlled switch for audio signals (e.g. music signal from mp3 player). Should I use MOSFETs or BJTs? The max rail voltage is approximately 6 V?


I cannot use any components other than BF199 BJT, IRF3205 MOSFETs, or STP16NF06L MOSFETs. My audio signal is DC biased so it does not go into the negative region.


Edit: You stated that the transmission gate chip is made out of MOSFETs, so will MOSFETs be better for minimizing distortions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...