Friday 5 July 2019

noise - How do I choose a ferite bead for power supply filtering?


I want to put a ferite bead on positive SMPS supply rail that goes to analog part of the mixed digital/analog circuit.


Now on parametric search at Digikey I can see several parameters: Current rating, DC resistance, Impedance @ frequency. I understand current rating and dc resistance, I understand impedance, but how do I make my choice - should I look for the greatest impedance @ 100MHz with acceptable DC resistance and current ratings for my application?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...