Thursday 11 July 2019

At what point does crosstalk on I2C become a problem?


If I have a pair of I2C traces (SDA and SCL) on a 1 oz board, each being 8mil wide and separated by an 8mil gap, how long would the traces have to be before crosstalk would become an issue?


Edit:


Apologies for not making this clear before, but I was asking from a theoretical point of view, and with everything else considered equal.


I was checking the rise times on an I2C bus, and the crosstalk spikes were larger than I would have expected (300-400mV). After reading some of the replies, I measured the fall time - it's about 15nS, and from my calculation I must have about 80pF of capacitance on the bus.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...