Wednesday 3 July 2019

XBee and ZigBee for long distance signal transmission


Extension to question: Zigbee communication outdoors at long distance ( around 1 - 1.5 km)


I was wanting to set up communication between controllers around the school campus, originally I plan to go for Zigbee, however, due to it's limit in transmission distance, I was not able to imply it to my project (My project requires a transmission distance of 1-1.5km).


However, recently I came across an article, which shows that XBee communication can go up to 10km ! And according to here(3), XBee is actually based on ZigBee. So question 1: is it true that XBee can go up to 10km transmission distance? would it be practical to use on ground? (altitude depended?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...