Thursday 18 July 2019

operational amplifier - Virtual GND resistor dividor vs zener diode


I was having a discussion with someone about using a virtual gnd for an opamp circuit. One way to provide the VCC/2 voltage is with a voltage divider made of two precision resistors (and a capacitor for stability). Another suggestion was to use a resistor and a zener to set it.


Which method is better, or if that's not a valid question what are the merits of each method. I would think with resistors of tight tolerance I could approach the accuracy of the zener method. Also I'd think the zener method would mean if my VCC dipped, or I was on a battery that the voltage would not stay at VCC/2 but rather the zener voltage.


I couldn't think of any pros for the zener column.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...