Sunday 14 July 2019

batteries - Trying to Get the Most Cooling Power out of TEC Peltier Element: Smaller or Larger Peltier?


I am trying to achieve the strongest cooling effect using a TEC Peltier element.




  • Currently, my set up is two small, 20mm x 20mm peltier TES1-4902 run with a 5V 2.4A USB Battery Pack per peltier.


I need a way to reduce my costs while keeping the same cooling power.




  • Right now, it is expensive for me to run this set up due to the fact I need two batteries, and I am also looking to improve my efficiency while cutting out an entire battery and/or Peltier.




  • The reason I have two separate battery packs is that I can not find a cheap, small, and thin battery pack that will output 4.8 Amps: however, putting two battery packs in a series may help eliminate one peltier.





So, I have a few branching question that center around a theme:


1) Would a larger Peltier allow for a stronger cooling effect as a result of a larger surface area, say like a 50MM x 50MM peltier, despite the fact (presumably) that it may be more difficult to cool one single peltier than 2 smaller, seperate ones?


2) Is there a Peltier size that would allow me to reduce my power consumption while maintaining a similar cooling effect?


3) Is there a way that I can output 5V 4.8A that is not in two separate USB battery packs that is small and relatively cheap, as battery price:output ability for small scale consumer is quite high and USB battery packs have been the cheapest source of sustainable power for me.



  • My problem stems from the fact that I am trying to pump as much power and achieve as much cooling power as possible without having to have, say, two battery packs and make the project too expensive. I need a way to reduce my costs while keeping the same cooling power.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...