Tuesday 16 July 2019

stm32 - SIM card communication protocol


My board contains an STM32 (manual here) and a SIM card reader (manual here). I need to write drivers to test that the SIM reader is working an properly communicating with the STM32. However, looking through both manuals, I couldn't find a way to get the two devices to "talk" to each other.


Is there a standard SIM card communication protocol for embedded devices? How can I do basic I/O on a SIM card?



Answer



Smart cards come in several flavours, each with their own protocols. Here's some Arduino code to read ISO7816 T=0 cards:


http://www.makomk.com/~aidan/iso7816_interface.pde


Here's an overview of the standard:


http://www.smartcardsupply.com/Content/Cards/7816standard.htm



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...