Tuesday 2 July 2019

Convert Oscillator output voltage level


I have a circuit of a USB chip (USB hub) with a custom external 24MHz oscillator. This oscillator have a max 3Vpp and the chip max voltage for XI is 2.45 with 1.8 recommended voltage.


What are the options to translate the output oscillator voltage? The simplest way is a resistor divider but a resistor have a intrinsic capacitance and inductance associated and XI may also not have an infinite impedance. Also found there are voltage translator chips but this means i also have to implement another 1.8V voltage rail and this is no option.


So, my question is what is the best solution?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...