Wednesday 24 July 2019

operational amplifier - Op Amp gain less than 1?


How would I design an op amp with a gain of less than 1? Is this even possible? Also would it matter if I used a non inverting or an inverting op amp?


I've designed a non-inverting op amp with a gain of 2 like so. Can I modify it to have a gain of say 1/2?




1 + R1/R2



schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


I'd appreciate some help here.



Answer



An op-amp is not required. Given the minimal requirements given, a voltage divider will do. Gain = 0.5.


schematic


simulate this circuit – Schematic created using CircuitLab


If you need to buffer the output, you can just place a unity gain op-amp at the output of the voltage divider.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...