Wednesday 26 June 2019

schematics - What is this electronics symbol (four triangles?)



The below image is from a service manual for a mobile radio. Note the small symbols that appear to be four triangles, point to point. I've searched far and wide and cannot identify that symbol. I have a nagging feeling that I've seen something like it in hydraulics, but never in an electronics diagram. I know that my radio doesn't have a bunch of stars of David printed inside it, so what could this symbol be?


Some of them have a line through the middle, others don't. Compare for example the ones near the labels "mic int" and "mic ext". Does this represent something, or is it a typo?


circuit diagram



Answer



It looks like it is a transmission gate. Although typically a transmission gate is made up of 4 pins and looks like(made with CMOS):
Transmission Gate


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...