Thursday 13 June 2019

lpc - Why isn't my SysTick_Handler() being called in my LPCxpresso C++ Project?


I have created a C++ project for an LPC1227 using LPCExpresso 6.1.0. The project, up until now, builds and runs fine. I have not made any changes to cr_startup_lpc12xx.cpp.


I would like to add a SysTick_Handler(). In my main.cpp I have added a method:


void SysTick_Handler(void)
{
timerCounter++; // these variables are all declared globally in main.cpp
timer_10ms_tick = true;
if ((timerCounter % 10) == 0) //every 100ms
{
timer_100ms_tick = true;

}
if ((timerCounter % 100) == 0) //every 1000ms
{
timer_1000ms_tick = true;
}
}

I have also add the following line in my main() method:


SysTick_Config(12000000/100);  


When I run my code via debug, the interrupt is firing, but it is getting stuck in the default SysTick_Handler() that is inside of cr_startup_lpc12xx.cpp (which is just an infinite while loop). If I delete the default SysTick_Handler from cr_startup_lpc12xx.cpp, my program hard faults.


I have looked at the Blinky example (which is C, not C++) and it adds a new handler into main.cpp without deleting the handler from the startup file.


Can anyone suggest why my overriding handler is not being called? Is this a C++ difference?



Answer



From https://rowley.zendesk.com/entries/20986562-LPC1114-IRQ-Handlers-in-C-work-in-C-do-not-work



You need to declare your interrupt handler as a C function otherwise the function will not override the default handler.


So for example you could do something like the following to make the declaration work in both C or C++:



#ifdef __cplusplus

extern "C" {
#endif

void irq_handler();

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

I assume changing irq_handler() in the code above to your SysTick_Handler code will then work. e.g.



extern "C" {
void SysTick_Handler(void)
{
timerCounter++; // these variables are all declared globally in main.cpp
timer_10ms_tick = true;
if ((timerCounter % 10) == 0) //every 100ms
{
timer_100ms_tick = true;
}
if ((timerCounter % 100) == 0) //every 1000ms

{
timer_1000ms_tick = true;
}
}
}

No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...