Saturday 8 June 2019

components - What's the best way to store and categorise resistors/capacitors/ICs/etc?



I did a big cleanup of my collection of parts today and I now have a big pile of parts on my desk (the majority of which is resistors). My previous method of finding the resistor value I wanted was to look through my little box and read the colour codes. Unfortunately I now have a lot of resistors, making an individual search almost impossible. Instead of reinventing the wheel, I put it to you my fellow chiphackers: do you know of any efficient (as in fast recall) ways to store and categorise components ?


I understand you can get lots of small drawers but it seems like such a waste of space to put only a single resistor of an unusual value in its own drawer.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...