Wednesday 19 June 2019

power - Proper Decoupling


I have this circuit connected to an Arduino DUE.


MY_CIRCUIT



It is an audio application and it works, but I have a ton of noise in my project. I initially thought it was quantization noise because the ADCs are 12 bit.


After consulting forums, I was told it was probably due to lack of decoupling.


So I searched online, and while I did understand a lot of theoretical stuff, I have no practical clue as to how to decouple this circuit. What type of capacitors to place, where and what value should they have...?


My design has 3 external ICs:




  • TL072 (x2) These are the operation amplifiers. Each chip contains two op-amps, so for the 4 op-amps you see in the circuit, there are two chips.




  • TC1044 Charge pump DC-DC voltage converter, to generate the -5V rail.





Here are links to the datasheets: TL072 : http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tl074b.pdf TC1044: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/21348a.pdf




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...