Friday 28 June 2019

power - Transformer Rating Calculation


enter image description here


I am confused with the above problem. If I connect all 3 windings additively, I will get 3V1/3V2. But, I don't think there will be any change in kVA rating. It should still remain Q. The answer given in my workbook is option A. Please help me with this problem.


EDIT: It is not a homework problem. I am preparing for an exam called GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engg). It is a previously asked problem in the exam.



Answer



After trying for sometime, I have figured out that the only way it makes sense is when I consider the ratings are each winding and not for the 3 phase transformer.


Each winding is rated Q kVA and V1/V2



Now when you connect three windings additively, you get a single phase transformer with rating 3V1/3V2 and 3Q kVA


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...