Sunday 9 June 2019

microcontroller - Convert Digital and Analog values to dB SPL


I am trying to create a sound level meter. I want to use an analog MEMS microphone (INMP510) and a digital microphone with I2S output (SPH0645LM4H). The sensitivity of the INMP510 is -38 dBV and for SPH0645LM4H is -26 dBFS. I am using a PIC32MZ2048EFG100. The ADC module has 12 bits and the voltage for the ADC are 0 and 3.3 V.


I have read this post (How to convert Volts in dB SPL) but I can't find the specifications of the gain of the analog microphone, so I don't know if I am correctly calculating the dB SPL.


Also for the digital microphone, I have no idea how to convert the digital values to dB SPL.


Can somebody help me with mathematical formulas?



Thank you in advance




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...