Friday 31 August 2018

telephone - Connect RF module to phone to find distance between them


I would like to know if it is possible to connect an RF(radio frequency) module to my smartphone and find the distance between them with an accuracy of about +/-2 meters. To find distance I believe I have to use RSSI level (Received signal strength indication). I have considered using bluetooth but I would like to find better alternatives because I need more range than bluetooth can provide. I need to measure distances up to 100m/300 feet. I found some module from ebay that transmits 433MHz. Is it possible? Thank you.


Example module: http://www.ebay.com/itm/433MHz-100-Meters-ASK-Module-Kit-RF-STX882-Transmitter-SRX882-Receiver-Antenna-/401186085838?hash=item5d688ddbce:g:ejIAAOSwAuZX1AMm





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...