Sunday 12 August 2018

drone - Broke my first soldering iron after 5 minutes of using it



I started getting interested in drones recently and I bought a soldering iron last week on Amazon.co.uk


After using it for 5 minutes to try pre-tin some copper wires, the solder was unable to retain the lead on the tip, it would just fold its self and escape the iron. Also the iron apparently got so hot that it melted itself.


Can someone give me me some tips on what kind of soldering Iron I should use (please not very expensive hopefully up to £100) and how to actually take care of it so this doesn't happen again. I want to believe that this is not just my lack of experience but also a very poor quality soldering product that I bought.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...