Friday 10 August 2018

Problems trying to wire a USB-C cable


I have been trying to figure out how to custom wire a USB-C to USB-A cable for a while, with no luck.

I have tried some different connectors, but wanted to get some outside ideas on what I might be doing wrong. I am not trying to make a high-speed USB-C, so I'm trying to make the connection with just a 4-core wire (GND, D-, D+, VBUS). On a few attempts, I tried pulling the ID pin up with a 56k resistor with no luck. (On a different kind of connector not shown here).

I contacted the manufacturer of one connector style that I have (images below) to get their assistance, but I am still having issues. So my question is:

How would y'all wire this connector to a USB-A (2.0) so it works properly? Thank you! (PS: I am told that the connector has a 56k resistor built-in)enter image description here


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...