Sunday 26 August 2018

power supply - Why is a lab PSU not suitable for driving a laser diode directly?



I'm looking to drive some laser diodes (50mW) at very modest powers (50%), using simple circuits no doubt less sophisticated than most lab PSUs.


Why does this site say it's not an option? I understand temperature changes, noise, pulses, spikes, inductances and so on, as the page itself describes.


But, since I'll have a lot if headroom, with a rough and ready constant current source that does that it says on the tin I guess, plus more than enough heat dissipation, what's the problem? How much noise and inductance can there be?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...