Saturday 11 August 2018

Single Supply Audio Amplifier


I am currently designing an audio amplifier using the LM324. I am operating from a single supply of 9 V. Here is the schematic: enter image description here


Here are the design steps I took:



  1. I needed a gain of 100 so G = 1+(100/1) = 101.

  2. The input capacitor C1 forms a high pass filter with R1||R2. The lowest frequency is 20 Hz so I chose f=15 Hz and C = \$\frac{1}{2\pi\cdot 5000\cdot15}\$ = 2.12 µF so I chose C1 = 4.7 µF as the closest value.

  3. The non-inverting input is biased to VCC / 2 to allow maximum output swing.


  4. C2 is just a normal decoupling capacitor.


After assembling it I am unable to get a decent output from it. Can anyone point out what could be the problem?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...