Wednesday 2 April 2014

transistors - Interface 5v digital pulses to keyboard contacts?


I currently have the following bit of kit: Photoplethysmographic sensor for measuring heart rate


It outputs a 5v pulse each time your heart pulses. What I need is to do is interface this pulse output to a keyboard (So each time your heart pulses a key is pressed on the keyboard).


I have stripped an old USB dell keyboard and worked out what contacts on the keyboard PCB need connecting to simulate the key I am after.


I have drawn a circuit on how I think would be the right way to interface the two electronic circuits:


enter image description here


My question(s) are:




Will this circuit work as I intend it to?


Will the relay be able to switch on and off 50-120 times a minute?


Can you offer a better method of interfacing the circuits?





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...