Monday 28 April 2014

ham radio - Can Grid Dip Oscillator (GDO) detect WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC?


Can I use GDO to detect those waves? Can I buy one somewhere or I need to build one? I would to have digital one, that will just show the frequency of the waves.



Answer



No, a grid-dip oscillator is fundamentally a signal generator, not a signal detector. It is used to measure the characteristics of passive circuits such as RF tanks and and antennas, by measuring how they absorb energy at various frequencies.


What you're looking for would be a frequency counter that has an antenna connected to its input. The display will show the frequency of the strongest signal that the antenna is picking up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...