Tuesday 29 April 2014

switches - Should I consider debouncing my push button?


Considering a +5V battery source, I have a set of input switches. These switches are push buttons which stay closed upon clicking and open upon clicking again.


One side of a switch is connected to the positive side of the battery while the other is connected to a pull-down resistor, 10 kΩ specifically, and my combinational circuit. This circuit contains 74LS-series DIP ICs.


circuit


With that set-up should I still consider debouncing my circuit or not?



I'm thinking whether this set-up can affect one of my sequential circuit which send pulses when one input is clicked with the use of XOR gates, capacitors and resistors.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...