Friday 18 April 2014

Body diodes in MOSFET symbol


As I understand, all MOSFETs have body diode. But I see some symbols have body diode shown while some not. Is there a difference in such MOSFETs?



Answer



No, there is no difference. There is no "official" MOSFET symbol, just variations on a theme. The diode will always be there regardless.



The symbols with a diode explicitly shown are very useful when the diode itself is an important part of the circuit, to serve as a reminder as to which way the diode is biased.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...