Thursday 24 April 2014

sensor - Establishing ground truth in a particle filter experiment using compass and gyro


I'm working on coupling gyro and electronic compass for better accuracy of device orientation (using particle filters). I have one basic question, though: how do I establish ground truth in this case? I cannot use the compass readings alone, since the whole basis of my experiment is that the compass readings are inaccurate.



Would taking an average of a number of compass readings be a sufficient approximation? Is there any other idea, besides having a compass of "greater accuracy"?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...