Monday 21 April 2014

operational amplifier - What is the purpose of the capacitor and resistor in this op-amp circuit?


Here is the op-amp circuit, which is found in this datasheet on page 5: enter image description here


I have boxed, in red, the part of the circuit that I am confused about. What is the point of having this? Thanks in advance.




Answer



It is a Zobel network also known as Boucherot cell, meant to stablize the amplifier when no load (speaker) is attached. It compensates the increasing speaker impedance at higher frequencies and prevents high frequency oscillation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...