Wednesday 7 March 2018

multiplexer - High voltage high bandwidth analog mux


Does anyone know some ref of high voltage high bandwidth analog multiplexer? I am looking for a mux that can tolerate input voltages up to 10V, but has also a high bandwidth of at least 1Ghz. I am not sure that such component actually exists...


I need a high bandwidth because I want to pass very short pulses, typically between 1 to 10 ns, in the multiplexer.


Follow-up: I just found parts from Analog that look promising: ADG1236 and ADG1213. Both have a 1 GHz bandwidth and can use a power supply of +/-15V. However the bandwidth is given for a load of 50 ohm. Will the bandwidth heavily depend on the load? In that case, what would be the bandwidth for, say, a load of 1 kohm?


Thanks.



Answer



The ADG1236 and ADG1213 parts from Analog seem to fulfill the requirements. Both have a 1 GHz bandwidth and can use a power supply of +/-15V. They also offer a much higher switching frequency than a relay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...