Friday 16 March 2018

Programming an ATtiny 85 with Arduino



I followed this tutorial and got the following error when trying to compile upload the attiny85 sketch:


avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

The attiny is already soldered on a circuit (with two leds, a buzzer, button and a brightness sensor). Can this cause the error?


Also, the attiny already has a program on it (that I want to overwrite) so I assume I don't need to install the bootloader?


I found two files with the attiny hardware files, one that adds ATtiny85 (w/ Arduino as ISP) and one that adds ATtiny 85 (internal 1Mhz clock) to the Board menu. When using the first one (Arduino as ISP) i can only compile the blink sketch when I add


#include 
#include

otherwise it says "OUTPUT" was not declared in this scope.



UPDATE: Tried it with setting programmer in the tools menu. I changed it to Arduino as ISP. The error is now a different one (with upload as well as upload using programmer):


avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

- Board: ATtiny85 w/ Arduino as ISP - Programmer as ISP - COM port correct (I also tried the other one)


Sometimes I get this error (only with normal upload), which indicates a successful upload according to the tutorial, but the ATtiny still performs the program that was installed before.


avrdude: please define PAGEL and BS2 signals in the configuration file for part ATtiny85
avrdude: stk500_program_enable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x50
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.


avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...