Friday 16 March 2018

audio - Playing sounds on an AVR MCU



I never had to deal with sound and I am pretty sure some of you guys have some experience in that kind of application.



My question is more about getting some tips on the different ways to implement an embedded system based on an AVR that plays sounds. More precisely:



  • What library should I use?

  • Which sound format should I choose? Do I necessarily need a dedicated memory chip aside the MCU? If yes, which one would you recommend?

  • Do you have some code sample to share?


As always, I know that everything depends on the target application. Here are a few precisions:



  • I want to make a toy for the kids of a friend of mine, the idea is to have a short sound lasting no more than 30[s]

  • I am not interested in high fidelity sound


  • Power consumption matters




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...