Saturday 10 March 2018

Arduino and Bluetooth USB dongle


Is it possible to use a mini USB Bluetooth dongle like in the following picture in order to improve my Arduino Uno, so it can comunicate with other Bluetooth devices?


Enter image description here


If it is, how can I do that?



Answer



It is, in theory, possible, to make your Arduino talk USB to the Bluetooth dongle. Usually, however, the better solution is to buy a serial-to-bluetooth module, and connect that to the serial pins on your Arduino, or to pins on Arduino compatible usable by the SoftwareSerial library.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...