Wednesday 7 March 2018

arduino - Suggestions on how to control a 1000W DC motor


I would like to find out the best solution to safely control two 1000W DC brushed motors by using a atmega328p. In particular, the DC motors are rated: 1000W, 50A, 24V, 2400 RPM.


I have a radio transmitter system which has a receiver able to provide two types of outputs:



  • PWM in current mode (12V, 2A max)



or/and



  • PWM in voltage mode (0-5V, 200 mA)


Each output on the receiver is triggered by a proportional stick on the transmitter.


I was thinking to use the PWM output in voltage mode as input for two analog atmega328p inputs and then use these values to control two PWM outputs on the atmega.


The problem is:


what is the best solution to control and switch the high current?


How to control each motor in both directions?



I also would like to set a maximum current limit (for example, 100A) for safety reasons.


Should I use 100A-rated contactors, for example?


May be, relays are too slow..


Thank you for all your suggestions!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...