Monday 12 March 2018

capacitor - Reading very low capacitances with Arduino


I'm trying to measure the capacitance of a very low capacitance sensor (two parallel plates across a block of foam). This is a self-produced force sensor; I'm trying to eventually use some of the work presented here. I'm estimating that the capacitance should be in the neighborhood of 90 pF.


I started with the CapacitanceMeter tutorial from the Arduino web site. I modified it to use micros() instead of millis() and output pF instead of nF. I also swapped in a 10 megohm resistor in place of the 10K ohm one, and updated the code. However, I'm getting readings that swing by over 50 pF.


How can I improve the accuracy of the setup?


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...