Tuesday 18 April 2017

transistors - Detecting When a USB Device Is Plugged In For Status LED


I've seen this asked a few times, but no definitive answers. I've also been Googling this for a couple days now with no definitive solutions. So time to ask...


I'm building a fast charge USB charging station. I'd like to light a status LED next to the port when a USB device is plugged in. Really basic. Really straightforward.


I found this diagram below, and was wondering if it could be modified to omit the phototransistor. I just want an LED to light, maybe when a transistor is pulled HIGH\LOW. It seems like it would only be 3 parts: LED, transistor, and resistor.


enter image description here





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...