Friday 28 April 2017

parallel - Implementation of AES algorithm using Systolic architecture


I need to generate a VLSI Systolic array to implement the AES encryption algorithm with key length of 128 bits. Following are the possible ways :



  1. Systolic for Key expansion

  2. Systolic in MixColumn

  3. Systolic for the on-the-fly calculation of S-box


For option #3, I am referring to this paper. Figure 2.1 from this paper gives the steps for calculating multiplicative inverse, which is the first step in S-box calculation. I am trying to convert this diagram into a systolic array, but haven't reached a concrete solution until now.



I am also referring to this paper to convert a cyclic algorithm into a Systolic one. However, I am not able to convert the operations involved in the AES encryption into Systolic structure. Could anyone give me any pointers on how to approach this problem?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...