Friday 28 April 2017

digital logic - A transistor AND gate outputs a small current when one of the inputs is HIGH. Why does this happen?


I built a simple transistor AND gate as specified by the following schematic:


http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electronic/trangate.html#c1


Schematic


It works very well, however it outputs a small amount of current when input B is HIGH, enough to illuminate a standard 3mm LED. Why does this happen? How can it be prevented? Ultimately I would like this circuit to illuminate the LED only when both inputs are set to HIGH.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...