Thursday 20 April 2017

Is it worth worrying about propagation delay differences when dealing with relatively slow protocols like I2C @ 400kHz?


At the moment I'm working on a system which will use a 400KHz I2C bus. The bus wires (SCL, SDA) are different lengths by a few cm, so the delay between them will be in picosecond to nanosecond range - I don't think I need to worry about this but am I misguided?




Answer



For anything under 50MHz, difference in trace lengths like that wouldn't be a concern.


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...