Friday 21 April 2017

detector - Measuring relative rf signal strength




I'm trying to measure the relative signal strength received by a dipole antenna for orientation purposes. I'd like to do so using an ordinary multi-meter.


I don't know much about RF circuits, but this is the circuit I came up with.


enter image description here


I was planning on measuring the resistance across the banana connectors to represent the relative inverse of signal strength.


Would this work? If so, which diodes and transistor should I use? If not, which circuit is best?




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...