Saturday 2 July 2016

resistors - Why use "OMIT" components on a PCB?


I have some experience with highfrequency circuit analysys. However I am a newbie in PCB design. I am analysing this circuit: http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/spmu365b/spmu365b.pdf (starts on page 36) and regularly see things like "OMIT" for headerpins or components like resistors or so.


e.g.:




  • p41 (6/6): the boxheader(?) on the left.




  • P40 (5/6): R48 on the dev board are two small surfaces with some soldering on it but no component apparently. I can hardly see myself (de)soldering resistors on my new dev board...





Why is this being mentionned? What do the people who made the PCB mean by this?


I mean if this part has to be omitted, why did they even place it on the PCB?


Thx




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...