Wednesday 13 July 2016

Analog Audio Signal over dedicated Ethernet/Twisted Pair Cable


I need to send an audio signal over 3 meters and back again on the same line (the plan is to put an on/off switch and a volume regulator at the end of the line).


Additionally I would like to send 12 volts power in the same cable, with small amperage.


Is it possible to use an Cat5 Ethernet cable for that purpose? I have those in abundance, and want to avoid buying a dedicated cable for that purpose.


I would use following signals:



  • Audio Right In

  • Audio Left In

  • Audio Ground In

  • Audio Right Out


  • Audio Left Out

  • Audio Ground Out

  • 12 V +

  • 12 V -




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...