Saturday 9 July 2016

power electronics - How to limit current of an AC signal


For my project, I'm trying to work with the principle of electrovibration. This principle is about simulating textures using low current electricity on an insulated conductive surface (see Wikipedia).


In order to do this, I will be experimenting with generated AC signals of 80 to 160 Vpp at 60Hz to 400Hz. I will do this by using an DC - AC converter, usually used for EL lamp applications.


My only concern is how to limit the current coming from the converter. Are the techniques for limiting AC current the same as DC, by using a simple resistor? Or is it, as I expect, more complex?


I need to limit the current to 0.5mA, for safety reasons.





No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...