Wednesday 27 July 2016

pic - PIC24f Get Clock Signal for external Device?


I have an external memory device with pin configuration:



  1. Data Input

  2. Data Output

  3. Connection

  4. System CLock

  5. DC 24V

  6. Ground



Here is the link


I need to design a code to communicate with this device.


I am having Explorer-16 Starter kit with PIC24FJ128GA010 microcontroller. So, I was trying to setup a test environment to check the module before proceeding with the final design.


But I am stuck with few points. Might be lacking concept.




  1. My first requirement is to provide a System Clock Signal to the device. Please suggest me the best possible way to get/generate clock signal for the device?





  2. Secondly, as per the memory device instruction, to start communication, Send Start/Stop cmd while clock signal is stable in the high state? How can I achieve this?




I am badly stuck with these two points. Please provide me a better solution. I am starting microcontroller after very long time. So need to brush up. Please help me with any addtional information.



Answer



I found the solution for the issue.


I used I2C bit-banging method to resolve the issue and finally made it working.


I have posted the answer with other quetion. Please follow this [link]{I2C: Unable to Read Multiple Byte using Bit-Banging method}


No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...