Friday 1 July 2016

ground - Star point in schematics



I read somewhere that in a mixed signal ckt , the analog part and the digital part are supposed to be better when they have different power rails and ground lines , but to avoid floating of the ground , the different ground lines and power lines have to be connected at a point called the star point , so that there is a single ground point and power point. But can someone explain this in a better way , I basically want to understand why a star point is used and its advantages in a mixed signal board .




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...