Tuesday 24 November 2015

Multiple resistors in series instead of using a single resistor has any advantage: heat produced by the resistors of diffent watts are different?


I have two doubts, requesting you to answer my doubts separately. :)


1) I need a resistance of 'X', so is it better to use a single resistor of 'X' value or multiple resistance of r1+r2+r3='X'? What I mean is using multiple resistors in series instead of using a single resistor has any advantage? Will it reduce the resistors getting overheated?



2) Consider a 1W 2k2 resistor and a 1/4W 2k2 resistor. Is the heat produced by resistors of different watts different? Which resistor will get more heated in the same conditions (I mean the current, voltage etc given both resistors are same)


Regards, Kiran.




No comments:

Post a Comment

arduino - Can I use TI's cc2541 BLE as micro controller to perform operations/ processing instead of ATmega328P AU to save cost?

I am using arduino pro mini (which contains Atmega328p AU ) along with cc2541(HM-10) to process and transfer data over BLE to smartphone. I...